Amazon revealed today a 7 and 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDs after weeks of rumors leading up to its debut. The 7inch Kindle Fire HD, is in other words “Kindle Fire 2”, comes with a 1280×800 HD display. Its companion the 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD comes with an upgraded 1920×1200 HD display. Furthermore, the former has a 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor and the latter a 1.5 Ghz 1.2 Ghz dual-core processor, which should make only a slight difference for the average consumer. However, Amazon does claim that it’s Kindle Fire HDs are the fastest tablets out there, surpassing even the iPad 3. How is it possible you ask? Well the claim to have a dual band and dual antenna which makes WiFi downloading speeds 41 % faster than the iPad 3. Finally, the prices range from $199 to $499, all depending on how much space you need and if 4G speaks to you at all.
Source: Amazon (7inch), Amazon (8.9inch)
Posted in Tablets
- Tagged 7-inch Kindle Fire HD, 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD, Amazon, Amazon.com, dual antenna, dual core processor, e book, e books, e reader, e readers, gadgets, hands-on, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire 2, kindle fire games, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle2, KindleFireGames, Tablets, technology
Since Amazon’s slashed prices on Kindles, sold out Kindle goods, and announced a Sept 6th press conference have all lead us to think that a new Kindle line-up will be released. With that thought in mind, the Verge has recived some leaked images of the new Kindle Fire. Although this looks like a really cool Kindle Fire, we can’t be sure it’s authentic as there are somethings in the picture that may it look like it could have been made easily from Photoshop. So don’t get too excited yet, and through out your Google Nexus tablet.
Source: The Verge, Gizmodo
Becoming a writer was once consider a hard job, that only the best could succeed in it. But, this has all changed as physical publishing is become a thing of the past, and digital printing is becoming more and more viral. If you ever decide to write your own book, you have the option to publish it on multiple platforms which include: Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks, and Google Books. However, with this in mind, you wight want to put Amazon Kindle first as they have just announced that their digital platform has published over 180,000 Kindle exclusive books in their KDP program, that have been downloaded over 100 million times. At the end of the day, whether you choose to go with Amazon, with the KDP program or not, you’ll always have the option of self-publishing any books, plus financial investment free.
Posted in Finance, Other
- Tagged Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Amazon.com, Authors, becoming a writer, books, digital platform, Digital Publishing, KDP, Kindle, literature, Novels, Publishing, Satistics, Self-Publishing, Stats, technology, Writing
Amazon has been slashing down prices, and announcing a press conference for Sept. 6th, suspiciously. And to add to that, Amazon has also just decided to put the Kindle Touches availability as out of stock, today. Therefore, I could almost bet my house that Amazon is releasing a whole new Kindle line-up to rival up with the new Google Nexus and to-be-released Microsoft Surface tablets. However, I wouldn’t be too surprise if more Kindle get out of stock, or prices go down.
Posted in Tablets
- Tagged Amazon, Amazon Kindle, amazon kindle touch, Amazon.com, AmazonKindleTouch, books, e book, e books, e reader, e readers, gadgets, Kindle, Kindle Fire, kindle touch, KindleTouch, literature, out of stock, OutOfStock, shortage, shortages, technology
Usually, when big companies hold press conferences it’s for a good reason. Therefore, Amazon’s September 6th press conference has a hidden agenda that will be revealed on the day. Could this be a whole new line of Kindles, as Amazon has slashed some Kindle prices way down? That’s probably the reason behind the press conference. But who knows, maybe they’ll be releasing a Kindle laptop, as the world is truly messed up.
Posted in Other, Tablets
- Tagged Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Amazon.com, e book, e books, e reader, e readers, Kindle, Kindle Fire, KindleFire, News conference
Amazon has for some unknown reason slashed down the prices for its Kindle DX by $110. The big A has additionally decided to slash prices on sixteen different Kindle accessories. What could this possibly mean? Has Amazon decided to put consumers first? Not a chance, this can only mean that they are trying to get rid of their stock ASAP before something else hits those shelves. The only thing relevant that could take their space are some new Kindles, possibly 10 inch. We’ll soon find out, what Amazon has in stock for us.
Posted in Internet, Other
- Tagged Amazon, Amazon Kindle, Amazon.com, books, gadgets, Kindle, Kindle DX, literature, New Kindle, technology