Torrent downloading has always been reserved to computers only, tablets and smartphones were always left out, until now. uTorrent has decided to release a new beta app for the Google Play Market (Android), while making sure your running Android 2.1 and higher. So all those pirates out there are grinning as they have just been grated access to a new playground.
Posted in Software
- Tagged Android, Android 2.1, Android2.1, bittorrent, data, Downloading, Files, Google, minipost, mobile, mobile data, MobileData, play market, Smartphones, TorrentFreak, Torrents, Uploading, Uploading and downloading, uTorrent
Google’s Nexus 7 has been a hit, surpassing its expectations, and setting the bar higher for other tablets. However, we couldn’t say the the Google Nexus 7 doesn’t come without any flaws, including a missing back camera, and no 3G connectivity. The latter of these problems will apparently be fixed, in the next 6 weeks, as is rumored. If Google is already fixing one problem, maybe they’ll fix something else. What do you think?
Source: The Verge
Posted in Tablets
- Tagged 3G, Android, Asus, gadgets, Google, Google Nexus 7, Google Tablet, mobile, nexus, Nexus 7, Tablet, Tablets
Apple’s new hobby looks like suing Samsung, as they isn’t their first time trying to grab some money out of Samsung’s pocket. As they have just recently finished suing Samsung in South Korea, and California, they have decided to have another round at it. However, this time their adding Samsung’s Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1, to what they claim their “violated” patent list. Although sometimes they come out successful, it’s not like Apple never copied anyone else (*cough, cough*… Microsoft).
Source: Apple Insider, Apple’s legal complaint (PDF)
Posted in Finance, Smartphones, Software, Tablets
- Tagged Android, Apple, apple insider, Apple v Samsung, AppleVSamsung, California, cdma, Galaxy, galaxy nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 10.1, galaxy s iii, GalaxyNexus, GalaxyNote, GalaxyNote10.1, GalaxySIii, lawsuit, mobilepostcross, Patent, patent application, patent filing, Patent infringement, patent list, PatentInfringement, Samsung, Samsung Galaxy
LG was teasing this phone’s release months ago, making us all start to drool about the amazing phone that will be released. Well, now it’s here, in black and white (and red of course). The specs on this phone just wants you to throw out your iPhone against the wall and run out to pre-order this baby. The LG Optimus G‘s specs are as following: 1.5GHz quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM, LTE, 13 MP camera back-camera, 1.5 MP front-camera, and a True HD (1280 x 768) IPS LCD measuring up to 4.7inch. Running this baby up is a 2,100mAh battery. With everything squeezed together to form this amazing smartphone, it ends up being only 8mm thick. Finally, to add the cherry on top, while the screen is turned off, the color of the screen will match its body’s color.
Posted in Smartphones
- Tagged 4.7, 4.7-inch, Android, Android 4.0, Android4.0, dual screen dual play, DualScreenDualPlay, gadgets, global strategy, GlobalStrategy, Ice Cream Sandwich, IceCreamSandwich, IFA, IFA 2012, Ifa2012, ips, l-01e, lcd, LG, lg-f180, lightning, live, LTE, mirroring, mobilepostcross, ntt docomo, optimus, optimus g, optimus g lightning, OptimusG, OptimusGLightning, quad-core, Qualcomm, s4 pro, S4Pro, true hd, TrueHd, xi lte, XiLte
Samsung has decided to unveil a Galaxy Player 5.8 media player, which in other words, is an oversized Android iPod. The Galaxy Player 5.8 is named after its 5.8inch screen that is made up of a 960 x 540 LCD display. If you decide to ever open it up, you’ll find a 16GB or 32GB built-in storage, a VGA front camera, and a 2,500mAh battery to power the device. Android 4.0 will of course be the OS behind this new device, as Samsung has fallen in love with all things Android.
Posted in Small Hardware
- Tagged Android, Android 4.0, android 4.0 ice cream sandwich, Android4.0, Android4.0IceCreamSandwich, galaxy player, galaxy player 5.8, GalaxyPlayer, GalaxyPlayer5.8, Ice Cream Sandwich, IceCreamSandwich, IFA, IFA 2012, Ifa2012, media player, MediaPlayer, mp3 player, mp3 players, Mp3Player, Mp3Players, nature ux, NatureUx, pmp, portable audio, portable media player, portable video, PortableAudio, PortableMediaPlayer, PortableVideo, Samsung, samsung galaxy player, samsung galaxy player 5.8, SamsungGalaxyPlayer, SamsungGalaxyPlayer5.8, technology, touchwiz, touchwizandroid 4.0
All these new phones are being released and reinvented over and over again. But what do most people want? A decent and quality camera on their phone…, up till now there wasn’t a great solution out there. However, with the new Nikon Coolpix S01, which was released today, has reinvented the way people take pictures. So instead of having a big chunky camera, or a horrible camera phone, you can have a Nikon Coolpix S01 which is fits easily and snugly in your pocket at 17 mm thick and 77 mm wide. Although smaller than your phone your able to take 10MP shots with 3x optical zoom. Plus you can also take HD video at 720p. So whether this is the camera for you or not, make sure to look ahead for others to follow.
Posted in Photography
- Tagged 720p, Android, Camera, coolpix, coolpix s01, CoolpixS01, featured, features, gadgets, hands-on, nikon, nikon coolpix, Nikon Coolpix S01, Nikon Coolpix series, s01, technology, Video
Constantly, new phones are being built and released from a couple months to up to a year. Some of these new phones are, the Acer Liquid Gallant and Liquid Gallant Duo,which are released in preparation for the IFA event, which will debut August 29th. The difference between the two phones is that the Liquid Gallant Duo is of course dual SIM. They both run Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4), and other features included are: 1GHz MT6575, 1GB RAM, 4.3-inch qHD display, 5-megapixel camera and a 1,500mAh battery. It’ll also come with 4GB on-board storage, and in black or white. Finally, whether you decide to purchase this budget phone or not, just make sure you wait for the IFA to thoughtfully know your market.
Posted in Smartphones
- Tagged Acer, Acer Liquid Gallant, Acer Liquid Gallant Duo, Acer Liquid Gallant Solo, AcerLiquidGallant, AcerLiquidGallantDuo, AcerLiquidGallantSolo, Android, Android 4.0.4, Android4.0.4, Bluetooth, Dual SIM, gadgets, Google, Ice Cream Sandwich, IceCreamSandwich, IFA, IFA 2012, Ifa2012, Liquid Gallant Duo, mobilepostcross