Finding a job has always been a problem in our economy, so Slip is trying to make it easier for all of us. With this in mind, online job hunting networks are always a good way to find a job, but what if you could find one via your friends contacts? Well with Slip, you now can. The whole idea behind slip, is to use your Facebook’s friends work connections to land you a job. Not only will this help you find a job, it will also help employers find more detailed information about potential employees. So whether you join Slips 700,000 plus network of contacts, or stick to the old fashion route, make sure you look over your Facebook page, as you don’t want your future employer looking at what you did last night.
Posted in Finance, Other
- Tagged Employee, Employer, Employment, Facebook, facebook friends, finding a job, Friends Contacts, Job hunting, Jobs, Slip, Social Job Hunting, Social network, work connections
A gangster’s Facebook page in Bronx was accessed by the police, via one of his Facebook “Friends”. The defendants lawyers claimed that it violated his privacy, and was accessed with unrighteous means. Judge Pauley III ruled that it didn’t violate his privacy. This changes future court cases, as from now on your allowed to help the feds take down one of your Facebook “Friends”. Hopefully, though you won’t have any criminal friends to help prosecute.
Posted in Internet
- Tagged Bronx, cops, Facebook, facebook friends, facebook profile, FacebookProfile, fbi, federal, feds, fourth amendment, FourthAmendment, Friends, Government, judge, law enforcement, LawEnforcement, police, Privacy, profile, security, Social network, us, usa
Samsung decides out of nowhere to release a smartphone image (possibly the Samsung Galaxy Note 2) , on its Pakistan Facebook page. Their caption says “Picture perfect view made even more perfect with Samsung Galaxy Note”. Why does this sound unusual? Perhaps because this image has been floating around the web for while now, when everyone was wondering about the new Samsung Galaxy S3. However, this is the first time this image is released officially. So yes, there’s a good chance that we have the real deal here.
Source: Samsung Facebook
Posted in Smartphones
- Tagged Facebook, gadgets, galaxy 2, Pakistan, phone, Samsung, Samsung Galaxy, Samsung Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, smartphone, Smartphones, technology
Motorola has decided that it should tease the world by submitting a new status update on FaceBook. This status contained a simple message that made us all immediately start drooling: “Let’s play a game, Guess the Smartphone. We’ll give a clue each day all week and make the big reveal on Friday. I have the power of 4G LTE. Which smartphone am I?” Everyone’s guess is going to be the DROID RAZR HD but who knows, big companies like surprises. Finally, as Motorola is releasing on Friday this may cause a domino effect that will start the launch of some other amazing phones.
Source: PhoneArena, FaceBook
Posted in Smartphones
- Tagged 4G, Android, droid, Facebook, Friday, gadgets, LTE, mobile, Motorola, Motorola RAZR, phone, smartphone, Smartphones, technology
One 21 year-old suspected member of the infamous Anonymous hacking group, has been caught red-handed after posting on Facebook about his plans to hack numerous government websites. This comes at a surprise as the Hong Kong Anonymous group has been very inactive since the spring. The thoughts are, that if he hadn’t tried to miss with the Chinese government they could care less on who he was hacking.
Posted in Other
- Tagged Anonymous, anonymous group, Black Hat, China, China Government, Chinese government, Facebook, Government of the People's Republic of China, Hacking, Hacktivists, Hong Kong, technology, Website Hacking