Walmart customers have always complained about the huge line-ups and limited number of cashiers. In consequence of that, Walmart has decided to try letting you do their dirty work, by letting you checkout their goods. They have started a pilot program called ‘Scan & Go’, running in supercenter Rogers, AR. If you ever end up visiting there, Walmart will give you up to $100 for trying the new iPhone app. Finally, whether you save them millions of dollars in letting cashiers become extinct, or continue waiting in those long line-ups, you’ll always know that they prefer iPhone over Android users shopping at their stores. *Side note: This is our hundredth post :p
Posted in Finance
- Tagged app, cashiers, IOS, IPhone, line ups, mobile, mobilepostcross, pilot program, Reuters, rogers ar, Rogers Arkansas, scan and go, scan go, ScanAndGo, ScanGo, self checkout, SelfCheckout, shopping, technology, wal-mart, Walmart
Watches have been outdated by technology and turned into jewelry, as time is easily presented over our phones. However, this is going to all change as more and more companies are releasing Bluetooth watches that syncs with your smartphones. As a result, people have been afraid to showcase their inner geek, with these new watches. So Citizen has come up with, a Eco-Drive Proximity watch that secretly notifies you about updates from your phone via Bluetooth 4.0. With a James Bond style, it will secretly notify you of a missed call, with the second hand pointing to a word indicating a need for attention. The Eco-Drive Proximity watch will probably be priced at a $500 dollar range. Finally, I’m sorry to say that all you Android users out there won’t be able to get their hands on this, as the watch is only compatible with iPhone 4S and future generations.
Source: A Blog to Read
Posted in Small Hardware
- Tagged apple iphone, apple iphone 4s, AppleIphone, AppleIphone4s, Bluetooth, Bluetooth 4.0, Bluetooth4.0, cellphone, cellphones, citizen, citizen eco-drive proximity, CitizenEco-driveProximity, eco-drive, eco-drive proximity, Eco-driveProximity, gadgets, inner geek, IPhone, iphone 4s, Iphone4s, proximity, smartphone, Smartphones, technology, timepiece, timepieces, watch, watches, wearables
Companies from time and time again, love suing each other. The reason for that is, to increase profit margins. Therefore, in results of a 9-person jury in California, Samsung received an utter defeat after being ordered to pay Apple $1.04 billion dollars in damages. This is still a disappointment for Apple, as they were asking for almost twice as much (over 2.5 billion dollars to be exact). The exact number for Samsung’s lost is $1,049,343,540 dollars.
Posted in Smartphones, Tablets
- Tagged $1.04 billion, Apple, Apple v Samsung, AppleVSamsung, California, Damages, decision, IPhone, Judge Lucy Koh, JudgeLucyKoh, Jury, lawsuit, mobilepostcross, Patent, person jury, profit margins, ruling, Samsung, san jose, SanJose, us district court, UsDistrictCourt, Verdict
Apple has always tried to become the first at everything. This time, it’s different as Apple has decided to copy the whole Amazon and Google’s 7inch tablet idea. With that in mind, the iPad mini will be released sometime in October after an iPhone debut (rumored at Sept.12). Apple’s reason for separating the release dates are unknown. Probably their idea of how to increase profit margins for the new iPhone and iPad. What do you think?
Posted in Tablets
- Tagged Apple, debut, IPad, iPad mini, iPad nano, IpadMini, IPhone, MacRumors, New iPhone, NewIphone, profit margins, release dates, rumor, smartphone, Tablet, technology
Apple and Samsung are both companies that love suing each other, hoping for a chance to increase their profit margins. This wasn’t the case today, as both Apple and Samsung were found guilty of patent infringement, claims the South Korean court. The verdict rules that Apple owes Samsung $35,000 and Samsung owes Apple $22,000. The funny things about the verdict is that both companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars just on lawyers. So in the end they both lost, and entertained the blogsphere. However, on the other side of the world in California, Apple is suing Samsung for over $2.5 billion dollars. So at the end of the day, the ruling basically made a joke out of two giant egoistic companies.
Posted in Finance
- Tagged Apple, California, Court, IPad, IPhone, Patent, Patent infringement, profit margins, Samsung, South Korea, Verdict
More and more hype is formed around the new iPhone as more leaks are found. Worldwide mobile sales on the other hand, unlike the iPhone specs, has evidence that people actually care as much as you do. Gartner a technological research company has released some expected statistics about worldwide mobile sales. Although, the 2.3 percent drop in mobile sales cannot all be credited towards the anticipated new iPhone, as other major phone companies are releasing some flagships in the early fall. Finally, no matter what you choose, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Windows Phone 8, ..etc. your purchase will always be tried to be predicted, today or in the future.
Posted in Smartphones
- Tagged Analysis, Analyst, Android, Apple, Engadget, Gartner, gartner research, HTC, Huawei, IOS, IPhone, LG, Market Share, MarketShare, Microsoft, mobile, Mobile Phone, mobile sales, MobilePhone, mobilepostcross, New iPhone, NewIphone, Next iPhone, NextIphone, Nokia, phone, RIM, Sales, Samsung, smartphone, technological research, Windows Phone, Windows Phone 8, WindowsPhone, ZTE
As we’re heading closer to the Iphone 5’s September debut, more and more rumors are popping up. This rumor, although there is some picture evidence, has probably a 50 to 50 chance of being the real deal. Some people claim the new Iphone will have a 8 pin connector (like the one in the picture) and other claim that the connector is actually 9 pin. Who’s right? Nobody knows, except the folks at Apple.
Posted in Other, Small Hardware, Smartphones, Tablets
- Tagged 8 Pin, 9 Pin, Apple, Dock Connector, gadgets, Handhelds, IPad, IPhone, iphone 5, mini usb, smartphone, technology, USB