Apple’s new hobby looks like suing Samsung, as they isn’t their first time trying to grab some money out of Samsung’s pocket. As they have just recently finished suing Samsung in South Korea, and California, they have decided to have another round at it. However, this time their adding Samsung’s Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1, to what they claim their “violated” patent list. Although sometimes they come out successful, it’s not like Apple never copied anyone else (*cough, cough*… Microsoft).
Source: Apple Insider, Apple’s legal complaint (PDF)
Posted in Finance, Smartphones, Software, Tablets
- Tagged Android, Apple, apple insider, Apple v Samsung, AppleVSamsung, California, cdma, Galaxy, galaxy nexus, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 10.1, galaxy s iii, GalaxyNexus, GalaxyNote, GalaxyNote10.1, GalaxySIii, lawsuit, mobilepostcross, Patent, patent application, patent filing, Patent infringement, patent list, PatentInfringement, Samsung, Samsung Galaxy
Samsung has decided to unveil a Galaxy Player 5.8 media player, which in other words, is an oversized Android iPod. The Galaxy Player 5.8 is named after its 5.8inch screen that is made up of a 960 x 540 LCD display. If you decide to ever open it up, you’ll find a 16GB or 32GB built-in storage, a VGA front camera, and a 2,500mAh battery to power the device. Android 4.0 will of course be the OS behind this new device, as Samsung has fallen in love with all things Android.
Posted in Small Hardware
- Tagged Android, Android 4.0, android 4.0 ice cream sandwich, Android4.0, Android4.0IceCreamSandwich, galaxy player, galaxy player 5.8, GalaxyPlayer, GalaxyPlayer5.8, Ice Cream Sandwich, IceCreamSandwich, IFA, IFA 2012, Ifa2012, media player, MediaPlayer, mp3 player, mp3 players, Mp3Player, Mp3Players, nature ux, NatureUx, pmp, portable audio, portable media player, portable video, PortableAudio, PortableMediaPlayer, PortableVideo, Samsung, samsung galaxy player, samsung galaxy player 5.8, SamsungGalaxyPlayer, SamsungGalaxyPlayer5.8, technology, touchwiz, touchwizandroid 4.0
Companies from time and time again, love suing each other. The reason for that is, to increase profit margins. Therefore, in results of a 9-person jury in California, Samsung received an utter defeat after being ordered to pay Apple $1.04 billion dollars in damages. This is still a disappointment for Apple, as they were asking for almost twice as much (over 2.5 billion dollars to be exact). The exact number for Samsung’s lost is $1,049,343,540 dollars.
Posted in Smartphones, Tablets
- Tagged $1.04 billion, Apple, Apple v Samsung, AppleVSamsung, California, Damages, decision, IPhone, Judge Lucy Koh, JudgeLucyKoh, Jury, lawsuit, mobilepostcross, Patent, person jury, profit margins, ruling, Samsung, san jose, SanJose, us district court, UsDistrictCourt, Verdict
Apple and Samsung are both companies that love suing each other, hoping for a chance to increase their profit margins. This wasn’t the case today, as both Apple and Samsung were found guilty of patent infringement, claims the South Korean court. The verdict rules that Apple owes Samsung $35,000 and Samsung owes Apple $22,000. The funny things about the verdict is that both companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars just on lawyers. So in the end they both lost, and entertained the blogsphere. However, on the other side of the world in California, Apple is suing Samsung for over $2.5 billion dollars. So at the end of the day, the ruling basically made a joke out of two giant egoistic companies.
Posted in Finance
- Tagged Apple, California, Court, IPad, IPhone, Patent, Patent infringement, profit margins, Samsung, South Korea, Verdict
August 29th is moving closer to us, and so is the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Samsung is already releasing the Galaxy Note 2 at IFA 2012, less then a year from its predecessor release, the Galaxy Note. Nevertheless, if you decide to buy it or not, director Wim Wenders has created a very intriguing teaser about the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Check out this piece of artwork/phone above.
Posted in Smartphones
- Tagged director wim wenders, gadgets, galaxy 2, Galaxy Note, galaxy note 2, galaxy note II, GalaxyNote, GalaxyNote2, GalaxyNoteIi, IFA, IFA 2012, Ifa2012, mobilepostcross, Samsung, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, samsung galaxy note II, Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012, SamsungGalaxyNote2, SamsungGalaxyNoteIi, SamsungMobileUnpacked2012, Video, wim wenders, WimWenders
Samsung’s Galaxy Note was a success, so the decided to add a 2, and add a sequel to the original best selling phone. The image you see above is what a phablet phone looks like. With a 5.5 inch screen, this device is mix between a phone and a tablet. It’s rumored to have Samsung’s Exynos 4 Quad processor, as well as 2GB of RAM and next-generation S-Pen technology. Although, even if you don’t like the whole S pen idea, with writing on your phone and all, you will certainly enjoy owning a pioneer phablet phone. Get ready to empty your wallet at the end of the year, when it gets released to the masses.
Posted in Smartphones
- Tagged Android, gadgets, Galaxy Note, Phablet, phone, S Pen, Samsung, Samsung Galaxy, Samsung Galaxy Note, smartphone, Smartphones
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has had numerous teasers released around the internet, therefore anyone could have seen this release a mile out. The tablet with its release, has come forward a respectable list of specs. We’ll start off that it’s a WiFi version only, and currently no 3G/4G connection is available. However, there are some other specs to make up for it, for instance a 1.9 MP (front) and 5.0 MP (back) cameras, 16GB flash storage (upgradable to 32GB for $50), 1,280 x 800 TFT LCD display, quad-core Exynos 4 CPU clocked at 1.4GHz, 2GB RAM, and of course it will be running Android (4.0, unfortunately not Jelly Bean). And if that doesn’t call out to you then maybe an S Pen that comes with the tablet. So get ready to empty your wallet August 16th for its release date.
Posted in Tablets
- Tagged 1.4GHz, 1280 x800, 1280X800, Android, Android 4.0.4, Android4.0.4, digitizer, Exynos 4, Exynos4, gadgets, Galaxy Note 10.1, GalaxyNote10.1, handwriting recognition, HandwritingRecognition, Ice Cream Sandwich, IceCreamSandwich, launch, mobile, PS Touch, PsTouch, quad-core, S Note, S Pen, Samsung, SNote, SPen, stylus, Tablet, Tablets, technology, Wacom, Wi-Fi, WIFI